Thank you to all those who made the IIRP World Conference a phenomenal experience! The combination of panelists, speakers, and attendees led to the sharing of ideas, meaningful dialogue, and practical application of restorative practices in a multitude of settings.
Hear directly from some of the conference speakers and attendees on what they walked away with from the conference.
Thank You to Our
Plenary Session Panelists
This year’s conference was centered around what it takes to create thriving communities with a focus on three key areas:
- Family matters – Families are the core of every thriving community! A community is at its best when its families and citizens have access to physically and environmentally safe neighborhoods, emotional tools and support to nurture healthy relationships, affordable housing, healthy food, and opportunities to help sustain the community by giving back. We will discuss how the use of restorative practices can help make these things possible.
- Collaboration matters – Healthy communities are places where families and residents actively engage with their schools and governmental, policing, justice, human services, healthcare, non-profit, philanthropic, corporate, and faith-based agencies. We will examine how a restorative practices framework can aid in aligning school and agency leaders with resources to create synergies that enhance the quality of life in the communities they serve.
- Faith Matters – 84% of the world’s population identifies with a faith system according to the Pew Research Center. We will explore how different faith systems view the impact restorative practices have on promoting thriving communities and responding to harm when it occurs.
Past World Conferences and Symposia
Click a link below to view information and papers from past conferences:
- 2023: Online World Conference: Inviting Collective Energy. Igniting Social Change.
- 2022: Pathways to Social Change (virtual conference)
- 2020: Mexico City, Mexico
- 2019: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2019: Symposium: Advancing Community Well-Being Through Restorative Practices
- 2019: Kortrijk, Belgium
- 2018: Detroit, Michigan, USA
- 2018: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2017: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2017: Symposium: A Restorative Journey: Transforming Relational Harm
- 2017: Dublin, Ireland
- 2016: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2016: San José, Costa Rica
- 2015: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2015: Symposium: Integrating School Climate Reform Efforts
- 2015: Budapest, Hungary
- 2014: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2013: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2012: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2011: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- 2010: Hull, England, UK
- 2009: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2008: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2007: Budapest, Hungary
- 2006: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2005: Manchester, England, UK
- 2005: Sydney, New South Wales Australia
- 2004: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- 2003: Veldhoven, Netherlands
- 2002: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- 2000: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1999: Burlington, Vermont, USA
- 1998: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA