The most valuable resource educators have is each other.
Are you invested in creating stronger relationships in your educational environment through the use of restorative practices?
This collaborative online professional learning community explores what works, what doesn’t, how and why.
Four live weekly Zoom sessions provide opportunities to practice the full range of restorative practices:
- Session 1 — Take inventory of successes and challenges and establish personal learning goals.
- Session 2 — Strategize what it means to set high expectations while also providing high levels of support in your setting.
- Session 3 — Delve deeply into proactive community building, including practical ways to foster positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
- Session 4 — Explore responses to harm and how to utilize restorative problem-solving strategies to address needs that arise among any group in the school community.
During each live session, participants may ask relevant questions, share their experiences, receive valuable feedback from their instructor and peers, and develop strategies for effective teaching and leadership.
This event is recommended for those wanting to gain the practical experience needed to Become a Restorative Practices Trainer.
Designed for school and district leaders, teachers, counselors and paraprofessionals, each session is facilitated by one of our engaging instructors — experienced restorative practitioners who clearly articulate key concepts and field your questions. You will join them in a professional learning community with up to 20 passionate educators from schools around the country.
- You will participate in four 90-minute live Zoom sessions.
- Threaded discussions provide opportunities to reflect on your strengths and challenges, propose action steps and solicit feedback.
A basic familiarity with restorative practices is expected of participants.
Please Note: All events require pre-registration to attend. If you require a purchase order, processing can take up to ten business days. Please allow for that in your planning and event date selection. Event capacities are limited, and seats are reserved as payments are received.