The students that come to the IIRP are:
- motivated by a sense of justice to create a more fair and participatory world.
- determined to learn how to manage conflict and foster respect and empathy.
- eager to engage individuals to have voice in decisions that impact them.
- hungry to foster responsibility and learn how to hold people accountable for their actions.
In the past five years, graduate enrollment has more than doubled from 95 students to 222 in 2018. Our growth reflects the widening recognition of the effectiveness and applicability of restorative practices in a wide range of areas, from education and justice to social work and organizational leadership.
Academic Year 2017-2018
Total enrollment: 222
Master of Science graduates: 19
Graduate Certificates recipients: 23
Total Master of Science degrees awarded: 188
Total Graduate Certificates awarded: 142
In 2017-2018 the IIRP offered events to 18,518 attendees in:
- All 50 U.S. states & Washington D.C.
- Eight Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Quebec and Yukon
- 20 other countries: Australia, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Great Britain, Guatemala, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, India, Jamaica, Netherlands, Peru, Spain, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, and Uruguay.
As of September 4, 2018, the IIRP licensed 1,738 individuals and organizations in 24 countries that deliver professional development offerings in a specified organization or geographic area.