The IIRP Graduate School offers students support in writing through Tutor.comTM. This service enables you to connect online in real time with expert writing specialists who can answer your questions and give feedback on your work.
Tutors can answer questions and provide guidance on:
- Proofreading for American English grammar, spelling and usage
- Essay organization and narrative flow; idea development and clarity
- English as a second language for non-native speakers
- APA Style usage
Tutor.com provides 24/7 online access to tutors in several ways:
- On-demand live chat for brief questions
- By appointment for longer, more in-depth virtual tutoring sessions
- Drop-off paper review; upload your document for critique and feedback with 24 hours
In addition to writing skills, Student Success tutors can give advice on managing your academic life, including study skills, time management, scholarly resources, building support, and maintaining a healthy work-school-life balance. Find out more here.
Maintaining continuity: You can elect to work with the same tutor on an ongoing basis, using the Writing Projects feature.
How to connect to a tutor
Tutor.com is available exclusively to students currently enrolled in graduate school courses. To connect with a tutor, sign into your course Moodle page and click the green Tutor.com tool icon in the Course Welcome section; you will be transferred to the Tutor.com site. To get started, click Connect with a tutor now to begin a live one-on-one online session with your tutor; or, click Submit a paper for review to upload your work for feedback.
- Tutors are not able to assess the quality of restorative-related perspectives on subject matter; e.g., they cannot advise whether or not your approach to a topic is "restorative."
- Tutor.com is a third-party service provided as a convenience to students; it is not affiliated with the IIRP.