The IIRP Graduate School offers students support in writing through Tutor.com. This service enables you to connect online in real time with expert writing specialists who can answer your questions and give feedback on your work.
Tutors can answer questions and provide guidance on:
- Proofreading for American English grammar, spelling and usage
- Essay organization and narrative flow; idea development and clarity
- English as a second language for non-native speakers
- APA Style usage
Tutor.com provides 24/7 online access to tutors in several ways:
- On-demand live chat for brief questions
- By appointment for longer, more in-depth virtual tutoring sessions
- Drop-off paper review for short writing projects (under 10 pages); upload your document for critique and feedback
(Caveat: Tutors are not able to assess the quality of restorative-related perspectives on subject matter; e.g., they cannot advise whether or not your approach to a topic is "restorative.")
For longer writing projects which may require multiple reviews, you can work with the same tutor on an ongoing basis. Learn more about Tutor.com Writing Projects here.
How to connect to a tutor
Tutor.com is available exclusively to students currently enrolled in graduate school courses. To connect with a tutor, click the green Tutor.com tool icon in the Course Welcome section of your Moodle course.
Note: Tutor.com is a third-party service provided as a convenience to students; it is not affiliated with the IIRP.