These resources are exclusively for the use of IIRP faculty, students and staff.
- OpenAthens | Login with email address or OpenAthens username (What is this?)
- IIRP Student Portal | IIRP Faculty Portal | Inside portal, select Library > EBSCOhost Research Databases
- What search terms to use? Download this list of restorative practices-related vocabulary. Just copy/paste these words and phrases directly into your database search form.
EBSCOhost premium research databases provide access to high-quality, peer-reviewed academic and professional research literature. Each can be searched on its own or in combination with others, depending on your individual research needs.
Note: SocINDEX (see below) is the only database searched until you select others. To search individual databases directly, login via the links below. Once in EBSCOhost, click Choose Databases to add any or all of the resources below to include them in your search for more comprehensive, in-depth coverage of your research topic.
Social sciences - General & multidisciplinary
- SocINDEX with Full Text (default database)
Extensive, interdisciplinary social sciences resource with over 2 million articles, abstracts, books and conference papers from more than 5,800 sources (1,800 in full text) in sociology, criminal justice, demography, gender studies, psychology, racial studies, social work, substance abuse, violence and other areas. Read more.
- Education Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
Over 1,150 journals indexed (500 in full-text) in all areas of education; extensive coverage of educational tests. Read more.
- ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center)
U.S. Department of Education database of journal articles and papers on education topics. 1.6 million records; includes content from Current Index to Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. (Note: This database contains the same content as the free ERIC website, but with more extensive, feature-rich search functionality.) Read more. | ERIC on EBSCOhost FAQ
- Teacher Reference Center (TRC)
Indexing, abstracts and selected full text for almost 300 magazines and peer-reviewed journals in early childhood learning through higher education; includes assessment, best practices, pedagogy, curriculum development, school administration, teacher education, etc. Read more.
Criminal justice, criminology & violence
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full-Text
600 worldwide journals (320 in full-text) provide in-depth coverage of criminology; criminal justice; corrections and prisons; criminal investigations; forensic sciences and investigation; substance abuse and addiction; probation and parole. Read more.
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts
350,000 references from 1971 to present cover family and intimate partner violence, sexual assault, emotional & physical abuse, violence and aggression in schools, LGBTQ issues, elder abuse, human trafficking, and cyberbullying. Read more.
Family studies, psychology & behavioral sciences
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide
1.6 million records from 1930 onward cover academic policy and practice literature in family science, human ecology, human development and social welfare. Includes anthropology, sociology, psychology, demography, health sciences, education, economics, law, history and social work. Read more.
- Psychological & Behavioral Sciences Collection
Full-text coverage of 400 journals in the fields of psychiatry and psychology, emotions and behavior, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods. Read more.
Dissertations & theses
- Open Dissertations
Free open access to historical and contemporary academic dissertations and theses, combining content from the American Doctoral Dissertations database with additional metadata from a growing list of colleges and universities worldwide. Links to full text at the publishing schools or institutional repositories are included. Read more.
New to EBSCOhost? See these video tutorials:
- Introduction to EBSCOhost (4:18)
- Basic searching on EBSCOhost (2:12)
- Advanced searching on EBSCOhost (2:39)
- Using the EBSCOhost result list (3:40)
- Using the EBSCOhost search history (2:12)
- Browsing subject terms in EBSCOhost (2:24)
- Reading an article in EBSCOhost (2:08)
- Creating a search alert in EBSCOhost (1:29)
- Creating journal alerts on EBSCOhost (1:09)
- My EBSCOhost folder (3:13)
- Using persistant links in EBSCO interfaces (1:13)
Find additional help resources at EBSCOhost's support site.
- Citation management tools - Free apps and browser plug-ins to help you organize, store, format and share the references from your database searches