These resources are exclusively for the use of IIRP faculty, students and staff.
- Login through your IIRP Student Portal or Faculty Portal.
- Inside your portal, select Library > EBSCOhost Research Databases.
- Download our EBSCOhost Search Guide and watch these video tutorials to learn how to use EBSCOhost.
EBSCOhost premium research databases provide access to high-quality, peer-reviewed academic and professional research literature
Social sciences - General & multidisciplinary
- SocINDEX with Full Text
Extensive, interdisciplinary social sciences resource with over 2 million articles, abstracts, books and conference papers in sociology, criminal justice, demography, gender studies, psychology, racial studies, social work, substance abuse, violence and other areas. Read more.
- Education Full Text (H.W. Wilson)
Over 1,120 journals indexed (350 in full-text) in all areas of education; extensive coverage of educational tests. Read more.
- ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center)
U.S. Department of Education database of journal articles and papers on education topics. 1.6 million records; includes content from Current Index to Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. (Note: This database contains the same content as the free ERIC website, but with more extensive, feature-rich search functionality.) Read more.
- Teacher Reference Center (TRC)
Indexing, abstracts and selected full text for almost 300 magazines and peer-reviewed journals in early childhood learning through higher education; includes assessment, best practices, pedagogy, curriculum development, school administration, teacher education, etc. Read more.
Criminal justice, criminology & violence
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full-Text
600 worldwide journals (320 in full-text) provide in-depth coverage of criminology; criminal justice; corrections and prisons; criminal investigations; forensic sciences and investigation; substance abuse and addiction; probation and parole. Read more.
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts
350,000 references from 1971 to present cover family and intimate partner violence, sexual assault, emotional & physical abuse, violence and aggression in schools, LGBTQ issues, elder abuse, human trafficking, and cyberbullying. Read more.
Family studies, psychology & behavioral sciences
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide
1.6 million records from 1930 onward cover academic policy and practice literature in family science, human ecology, human development and social welfare. Includes anthropology, sociology, psychology, demography, health sciences, education, economics, law, history and social work. Read more.
- Psychological & Behavioral Sciences Collection
Full-text coverage of 400 journals in the fields of psychiatry and psychology, emotions and behavior, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods. Read more.
Dissertations & theses
- Open Dissertations
Free open access to historical and contemporary academic dissertations and theses, combining content from the American Doctoral Dissertations database with additional metadata from a growing list of colleges and universities worldwide. Links to full text at the publishing schools or institutional repositories are included. Read more.
New to EBSCOhost? See these video tutorials:
- Introduction to EBSCOhost (4:18)
- Basic searching on EBSCOhost (2:12)
- Advanced searching on EBSCOhost (2:39)
- Using the EBSCOhost result list (3:40)
- Using the EBSCOhost search history (2:12)
- Browsing subject terms in EBSCOhost (2:24)
- Reading an article in EBSCOhost (2:08)
- Creating a search alert in EBSCOhost (1:29)
Find additional topics at EBSCOhost's training site.