In your graduate courses, your instructor will provide you with lists of the books and articles required for your course.
You are responsible for obtaining your own textbooks. You can purchase books from Amazon or other online booksellers of your choice, or directly from their publishers. Most books are available in both print and e-book editions.
- Don't wait - Buy your books early! In order to avoid potential delivery issues resulting from shipping delays, we highly recommend that you order your textbooks as soon as possible after registering for your course(s).
- Consider e-books. Digital editions for many required textbooks are available for instant download from several online merchants. They are often less expensive than print copies. Free e-reader apps for computers, tablets and smartphones are available for Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook and Google Play Books titles.
- IIRP-published books: If your required textbook is an IIRP-published title, order it from the IIRP Bookstore.
Journal articles will be provided electronically through your course Moodle pages.
For some courses, instructors may list additional books, articles or other documents as supplementary material that cover specific topics in more detail. While the instructor recommends them for deeper immersion into specific subjects, reading them is not mandatory for the course. You may find them useful as you undertake further research into your own fields of interest.
Options for obtaining Suggested Readings:
- Students within travel distance of our Bethlehem campus can access course readings at the IIRP Library. Because the Library is non-circulating, materials may be used on-site only. Photocopy services are available for a per-page fee (cash only).The use of photocopied materials is subject to U.S. copyright law. If visiting our campus is not feasible, consult your local public or academic library; the staff there can advise you about access and loan services available to you.
- If the topic of a Suggested Reading book is of particular interest to you, you may wish to purchase your own copy from the retailer of your choice. In many cases, previously-owned copies and/or e-book editions are available at reduced cost from online book merchants. Consider consulting reader reviews of a book before buying it, especially for costly items.