Interlibrary loan (ILL) services for obtaining journal material not currently held in the library collection are available to IIRP faculty, students and staff.
When requesting an article via ILL, please provide as much of the following information as possible; this will speed processing of your request:
- Author name(s)
- Article title
- Source (journal/book title), publication year, volume/issue, chapter number, pages
- Other publication details as necessary
- DOI (Digital Object Identifier) if available | What is a DOI?
- Where you found the reference (database record, website, article bibliography, etc.) so that we can verify it
Processing time: In most cases, requests can be fulfilled within one or two business days.
Cost: Most ILLs can be obtained at no cost; if there is a charge to get an item, the Librarian will contact you prior to processing the request.
Delivery: Your document will be delivered via email as a PDF file; it is yours to keep.
External library lending: As a courtesy to external academic institutions, we will honor requests submitted via library ILL departments. The Library provides single-use electronic copies of journal articles and book chapters at no charge.
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, US Code) governs the making of photocopies, scans, or other reproductions of copyright materials. Under certain circumstances specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy, digital scan, or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a copied reproduction in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying request if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the request would involve violation of copyright law.
- Loaned materials or copies may not be redistributed in any way. The Library will provide the borrower with one copy of a document; we cannot deliver multiple copies.
- ILL services are available exclusively to members of the IIRP community; if you are not affiliated with IIRP, please contact your local library for help in obtaining research material.