- Tools for schools: Restorative practices for pandemic times: This piece by former IIRP Instructor Jon Rice appeared in the publication of New York's School Mental Health Training Resource Center.
- Toolkit: The foundations of restorative justice: Teaching Tolerance notes, "Restorative practices, at their best, are part of a school culture that prioritizes culturally sustaining pedagogy and authentic relationship building."
- In a Chicago public school, we've found a better way than guns to keep the peace: Magdalena Pagan, an educator in Chicago's West Side, writing in the Chicago Sun Times, makes the case for arming schools - with restorative practices.
- Restorative practices play a vital role in San Francisco classrooms: San Francisco Unified School District Superintendent Vincent Matthews, writing in the San Francisco Examiner, explains how.
- Pinellas County schools try 'restorative' approach to deal with racial disparities: Using trainers trained by the IIRP, the Florida district aims to implement restorative practices district-wide.
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro schools replacing suspensions with ‘restorative’ conversations: Three years into the project, out-of-school suspensions have dropped 72%.
- How to practice restorative justice in schools: Education Week‘s Classroom Q & A with Larry Ferlazzo examines restorative practices and what it looks like in schools.
- New York City school suspensions fell 17% in 2014-15, officials say: The New York Times reports that the city plans to spend $3 million on restorative practices implementation to further reduce this figure.
- In school discipline, intervention may work better than punishment: The Seattle Times takes an in-depth look at the use of restorative practices in schools across the country.
- A front page article in the Toronto Star looked at the success of restorative practices in Toronto public schools.
- “Voices in the Family” radio show features discussion on restorative practices in a Philadelphia middle school.
- Defining Restorative: This booklet by IIRP founder Ted Wachtel summarizes the historical roots of restorative practices, outlines key supporting theoretical frameworks, and describes a variety of formal and informal restorative processes.
Read more in the IIRP News.
City Springs Public Charter School (K-8) in Baltimore, Maryland, a...