Les Davey, director of IIRP UK & Ireland, emailed an update on the 1-day conference being planned for June 20, 2013 in Salford, Manchester, UK. He writes, "The programme is coming together nicely with both national and international plenaries plus a wide choice of workshops across Justice, Communities, Education and Care."
The day includes plenaries by Les, Pauline Copeland of Salford Youth Offending Service, Belinda Hopkins, director of Transforming Conflict, and Dennis Wong, professor at City University of Hong Kong. Workshop topics include:
- Restorative Justice in a Prison Setting
- RP in Special Needs Education
- Restorative Practices and Student Mentoring
- RP and Probation
- RP and Anti-Bullying
- "Meeting with my Burglar"
- Challenges and Opportunities on Both Sides of the Prison Bars
- Working Restoratively with Young People with Autism and Speech & Language Difficulties
- Working Restoratively with Troubled Families