Training of Trainers: Facilitating Restorative Conferences
Become an IIRP Licensed Trainer in Facilitating Restorative Conferences
The IIRP conducts a three-day "Training of Trainers" (TOT) to teach experienced practitioners how to facilitate the "Two-Day Facilitating Restorative Conferences" professional development days.
Once trained, participants will be licensed trainers and able to provide this 2-day offering within their agency or limited geographical area. For organizations that have already held some amount of on-site training from the IIRP, this will provide a cost-effective way to continue to train new staff by becoming capable of providing this high-quality training "in-house." For others, it provides a way to initiate the implementation of restorative practices in your setting or conduct training in your locale.
- Attend the "2-Day Facilitating Restorative Conferences" event. If you have yet to attend this training, view upcoming dates here. If you have attended the IIRP 4-day Basic Restorative Practices event which includes the 1-day Facilitating Restorative Conferences training, you must attend the first day of the 2-day version of this training. Call the IIRP office to register for this event.
- Gain experience using these practices in your setting.
- Complete the information form here to begin the Training of Trainers process. An IIRP representative will contact you.
- Attend the 3-day Training of Trainers. These are scheduled throughout the year. The training of trainers can also be held on-site at your organization with a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of twelve (12) participants.
- Complete a Licensing Agreement with the IIRP outlining the potential target audience — who and where you would like to train, agreeing to all terms of the agreement. The IIRP will ask that this be narrowly defined, such as within a specific organization or limited geographical area.
- Start training and get experience.
- Sign up for the IIRP's free ongoing Trainer Development webinars. This is an opportunity to receive extra support from IIRP's master trainers for developing your skills and receive useful feedback on providing the highest quality training. (Access to webinars provided once licensing process is complete.)