As an IIRP graduate, you will stand out as a person who knows how to maximize the power of relationships, manage conflict and guide organizational change.
You do not need to apply for admission to begin taking courses, and you can get started anytime or anywhere with a hybrid or online course. The majority of our students are working professionals who complete their studies on a part-time basis in two-to-five years.
Personalized Program of Study
Students work with faculty advisors to personalize a coherent plan of study based upon four required courses and six electives, totaling 10 courses/30 credits
- RP 500 Basic Restorative Practices is a hybrid course completed by first attending all four days of the Basic Restorative Practices professional development event, then completing the online RP 500 coursework. In the RP 500 course, students examine the fundamental principles of restorative practices, including readings and discussion about human emotion and behavior.
- RP 525 Restorative Practices in Action, an online course, allows students to implement a project to try out basics of restorative practices in their own professional or personal setting. Students evaluate their project through action research techniques.
- RP 610 Evaluation of Research, an online course, teaches students to be knowledgeable consumers of research so they can understand and evaluate formal quantitative and qualitative scholarship critically.
- Six Electives: Select six electives to explore applications in justice, counseling, education or leadership with our faculty. Courses at the IIRP range from face-to-face interaction to online instruction that offers the flexibility of learning with or without travel.
- RP 699 Final Professional Learning Group. Students complete this “capstone” online course when they have completed all of their other studies. Working online with a small “professional learning group” and a professor, fellow students support each other in writing a final paper and giving a brief oral presentation that summarizes the ideas they found most important to their field of study.
Learn more about IIRP courses.
Additional Alumni Benefits
- Professional support and job postings on IIRP Graduate School Community LinkedIn group
- 15% registration duscount to the IIRP's World Conferences
- Lifetime subscription to Restorative Works magazine
- Waived registration fees to attend Training of Trainers professional development
- Invitations to alumni gatherings and events