- How to practice restorative justice in schools: Education Week‘s Classroom Q & A with Larry Ferlazzo examines restorative practices and what it looks like in schools.
- New York City school suspensions fell 17% in 2014-15, officials say: The New York Times reports that the city plans to spend $3 million on restorative practices implementation to further reduce this figure.
- In school discipline, intervention may work better than punishment: The Seattle Times takes an in-depth look at the use of restorative practices in schools across the country.
- Making misbehavior a teachable moment: San Francisco United School District Superintendent Carlos A. Garcia describes restorative practices in a San Francisco Examiner opinion piece.
- A front page article in the Toronto Star looked at the success of restorative practices in Toronto public schools.
- “Voices in the Family” radio show features discussion on restorative practices in a Philadelphia middle school.
- Discipline infractions drop at Freedom and Liberty high schools (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania).
Read more at the IIRP Press Page.