Restorative School Visitation
Experience three days immersed in a restorative environment.
Immerse yourself in the restorative culture of the IIRP’s model programs, CSF Buxmont (Community Service Foundation and Buxmont Academy) schools for delinquent and at-risk youth, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Attend an initial briefing about CSF Buxmont’s restorative strategies.
- Observe the use of informal restorative practices between staff and youth over three school days.
- Participate in classroom circles to see firsthand how circles build relationships.
- Attend end-of-day staff meetings to learn how staff support one another.
- Process what you’ve experienced with an IIRP instructor.
About CSF Buxmont
At CSF Buxmont, our highly skilled staff employ proven practices to help young people struggling with academic, behavioral and emotional issues to turn their lives around and learn reliable strategies to develop their own restorative skills.
Optional — Visit a CSF Restorative Reporting Center (RRC)
Visit a CSF Restorative Reporting Center and have dinner and participate in restorative circles with youth and their families. The RRC program immerses delinquent youth in an intensive environment of restorative practices while keeping them within their home schools and communities: a unique and effective alternative to out-of-home placement. There is an additional cost of $50 for this optional event.
The school and the IIRP campus are located in historic downtown Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, home to a variety of attractions and historic and cultural sites. Several lodging options are available within walking distance or a short drive, including affordable lodging offered through the IIRP.