Applying for Admission
To apply, first complete the Application for Admission in your Student Portal.
Successfully completing IIRP courses prior to applying for admission may allow us to waive some of the admission requirements below.
You must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better, or the equivalent for international applicants.
After completing the application, submit the following documents (within 60 days or you may need to reapply):
- A 1-2 page letter or essay, describing your reasons for seeking our specialized graduate education.
- Three letters of reference, submitted with the Graduate School Recommendation Form (PDF). These letters should be from persons who know both your character and your ability to be successful in demanding graduate study in our professional discipline.
- Official academic transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Please note: We do not accept transcripts forwarded by the applicant. Official transcripts must be sent by the institutions directly to the IIRP. Transcripts should be mailed to: IIRP, PO Box 229, Bethlehem, PA 18016 USA. Electronic transcripts should be emailed to: [email protected]. International credentials must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by World Education Services, Inc. (WES) and sent directly by WES to the IIRP.
- Qualifying test scores, either recent GRE® (code 2589), Miller Analogies Test (code 4030) or PPST (code 2323) scores.
Language requirement: Some international applicants may be required to demonstrate fluency in English, unless they have received a bachelor's or master's degree from an institution in the following countries: Australia, Belize, British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, the United States and Wales.
To fulfill this requirement…… an applicant must submit scores from either the TOEFL®: Test of English as a Foreign Language (code 2589) or IELTS™: International English Language Testing System. The scores must not be more than two years old and must be sent directly from the testing agency to the IIRP. The TOEFL® and IELTS™ cannot be utilized as a substitute for the GRE® or Miller Analogy standardized examinations.
The minimum IELTS score is 6.5 (general training not accepted).
The minimum acceptable score for the TOEFL® is 550 for the paper-based test or a composite score of 80 (see below) with a 20 on the speaking section for the internet-based test (iBT).
Minimum TOEFL (iBT) scores Reading 20 Listening 16 Speaking 20 Writing 20 Composite 80
Transfer credits: Due to the specialized nature of the Institute’s programs, transfer credits will not be accepted, with the exception of IIRP coursework offered as ORLA 5340 and taught by IIRP faculty at the Summer Principals Academy 2016, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York.
Deadline to enroll: Admitted students must enroll within the academic year for which they have been admitted.
Submissions should be sent to the IIRP via:
- Postal service to:
IIRP, PO Box 229, Bethlehem, PA 18016 USA
- FedEx, UPS or other courier to:
IIRP, 531 Main St., 1st Floor, Bethlehem, PA 18018 USA
Each applicant is given personal consideration
Strong candidates who lack some part of these requirements may request an application review by the Admissions Committee. The Committee is the agency to hear any requests for special consideration for admission.
An international student is defined as anyone who is not a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident.
You may take up to four courses before applying for admission.
You may not have to travel to the United States. The IIRP and its affiliates offer symposia and professional development events in locations around the world which may be applied, in conjunction with online coursework, toward the completion of a graduate/postgraduate certificate or master’s degree, without coming to the IIRP campus in Pennsylvania, USA.
IIRP Graduate School
531 Main St.
PO Box 229
(610) 807-9221 | Email